The Third Quest Workshop in Hawaii!
Presented by Third Quest coauthor Ann Watanabe and literacy expert Karen Akiyama-Paik
This training is for individual teachers and teams who are responsible for delivering reading intervention in middle and high school—grades 5 through 12.
This comprehensive versus targeted reading program is powerful for students who need a strong teacher-directed program in order to generalize stronger reading skills in other classes.
Learn how to teach this effective intervention with fidelity and high success.
Why you might want to attend:
Positive Comments From Teachers Using The Third Quest
Increased scores—students feel measured growth and are transferring to content classes.
Even my eighth-grade students are so engaged—especially with the Word Study.
- My students now LOVE to read out loud, have gained confidence in reading, and are proud to let others know when their oral reading fluency scores (are high). Their comprehension and writing summaries have greatly improved. Their stamina is up—even if they get glazed eyes toward the end (of a lesson). They have developed perseverance. Oh, and they love using the new vocabulary words they have learned. I can’t say enough good things about this program.
Content • Professional Development
• Comprehensive Versus Targeted
• Program Orientation
• Before Reading: Arrival, Vocabulary, and Word Study
• During Reading—Comprehension
• After Reading: Fluency and Comprehension
• End of Level: Assessment—Diagnostic Work and Motivation
• Pacing and Time
Professional Development Credit
Graduate-level professional development credit for attendees of training sponsored by Safe & Civil Schools is available through Brandman University’s Extended Education department.
Before registering with Brandman, please check with your district and/or state program to ensure that these credits will be accepted.
Register for credit through Brandman’s Special Topic Exploration independent study option. Credits awarded will be based on coursework. Cost ranges from $150 to $400, depending on credit units.
After registration, students will complete a project that demonstrates their ability to apply the strategies they learned during the training. The project will then be evaluated for credit.
For additional information regarding registration and transcript questions, please contact Brandman University, 800-632-0094.
Attendance is limited. Registrations will be taken on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please complete the registration form and fax it to Ancora Publishing at 541-345-1507 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The $200 registration fee includes:
2 days of training with Third Quest coauthor Ann Watanabe and literacy expert Karen Akiyama-Paik
Lunch each day of training
Training materials and a copy of The Third Quest Program Guide
Schedule a Third Quest Web Meeting Overview to address whether The Third Quest is a fit for your students and schedules.
To set up a free web meeting overview, use this form to contact us or call 1-866-542-1490.
Or go to: TheThirdQuest.com/enter-the-third-quest to learn more
Scroll down to take a skim through the Program Overview. Watch the video introduction to The Third Quest: The hook to engage students. Go to “Quantifiable Results” to view more data.